Old 26-03-2009, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What not to plant

Pam Moore wrote:
Over the years I have planted bits of plants I liked the look of, but
have regretted ever since because they spred and are the devil to get
rid of. My invaders are corydalis lutea, vinca minor, meconopsis
cambrica and a lamium. This latter came about 20 years ago as a 9
inch piece stolen from a big garden!

What plants have others regretted introducing into their gardens?

Pam in Bristol

We bought a cute little grass plant, not sure of the name but the grass
is blue rather than green. It has a height of around 18 inches and
spreads by underground runner. It is extremely invasive. It spreads
worse than couch grass (twitch grass).

"Lambs ears" impressed me too. I just bought one small plant a couple of
years ago and now have divided it into hundreds of plants and lined the
entire length of the drive (about 50 metres) with the splittings a
couple of weeks ago. It should look quite spectacular when established,
but I have a feeling I may regret planting it in such large numbers.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.