Old 26-03-2009, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default greenhouse or polytunnel

On Mar 24, 9:10*am, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
My greenhouse needs replacing, the big ones are expensive so I am
considering a polytunnel instead. I have plenty of room so finding somewhere
to put it will not be a problem.

I would welcome any comments that will help me make up my mind greenhouse or
polytunnel ?

kate

We have just ordered a new greenhouse Kate and on the advice of our
neighbours we have ordered a conventional one rather than a poly
tunnel. However ours will not have glass but polycarbonate as used by
most people here. I'm told glass might be a problem because of weight
of snow.

Those who have polytunnels have listed disadvantages as replacing the
polythene frequently (due to extremes of weather) and that the doors
are not stable. It will be interesting to hear what you have bought?

Judith