Old 26-03-2009, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default How to sell a monkey puzzle

The message
from Stephen Gower contains these words:

We've just bought a new (to us) house in Oxford, which has an
almost empty garden, except for a 6' Monkey Puzzle tree, which we
want to get rid of - it's not to our taste anyway, but we've got
two kids under 3, and we'd rather not have to fence off a bit of
the garden to keep them away from those spikey leaves. So, two
questions: where should we think about advertising to get the best
price for this, and is there anything we need to do to in
particular to make moving this successful?

Dunno about moving it, but IME, kids learn rather quickly...

Still, it's really not a suburban tree, it'll grow to well over 100 ft -
probably more.

Find a new home for it before you dig it up - you may find it's a foot
taller before you place it...

--
Rusty