Old 26-03-2009, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How to sell a monkey puzzle

Stephen Gower wrote:
We've just bought a new (to us) house in Oxford, which has an
almost empty garden, except for a 6' Monkey Puzzle tree, which we
want to get rid of - it's not to our taste anyway, but we've got
two kids under 3, and we'd rather not have to fence off a bit of
the garden to keep them away from those spikey leaves. So, two
questions: where should we think about advertising to get the best
price for this, and is there anything we need to do to in
particular to make moving this successful?

Thanks!

Could be difficult to move. It might depend on the soil it is in, as roots
do not tend to penetrate as much in heavy clay as in sandy soil. Pity - a 6
foot Monkey Puzzle would cost £200, perhaps more. They are very slow
growing to begin with, but get faster as they get older.

Not much of use on the internet, but I may not have been using the correct
search terms. See:
http://gardenimprovements.com/wordpr...y-puzzle-tree/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...dec/02/gardens

--