Old 27-03-2009, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default What not to plant

Rusty Hinge wrote:
The message
from moghouse contains these words:
On Mar 26, 6:00 pm, "Spider" wrote:
Also the small creeping euphorbia. It is controlable, with effort, but
when clearing out a bit one day I foolishly wiped the sweat from my
eyes and within a few minutes I was on my way to hospital with
alarmingly swollen eyes - the original bug-eyed monster! I am more
careful now.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the eyes .. sounds really painful. I had the
galloping euphorbia once, but I already knew about its toxicity. It's
surprising how many people don't know. I was talking to local landscapers
yesterday who didn't even know the plant. I put them very much in the
picture, and I hope they'll be careful now.

The worst part of it was that I was aware of the toxicity, but forgot
for the brief instant I wiped my eyes. I would not have believed that
eye balls could swell!

You don't want to do that after preparing chillis either - especially
the stronger ones.

Jalapinos are bad enough...

Horseradish isn't too kind either.
I wonder why it's called that? Horses hate the stuff.

Bobbie..... from a cool but bright rural Dorset.