Old 27-03-2009, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How to sell a monkey puzzle

In article ,
says...
We've just bought a new (to us) house in Oxford, which has an
almost empty garden, except for a 6' Monkey Puzzle tree, which we
want to get rid of - it's not to our taste anyway, but we've got
two kids under 3, and we'd rather not have to fence off a bit of
the garden to keep them away from those spikey leaves. So, two
questions: where should we think about advertising to get the best
price for this, and is there anything we need to do to in
particular to make moving this successful?

Thanks!

I think the chances of a succesful move are approaching zero, they are
famous for not transplanting as large plants and are normally sold quite
small or in containers
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk