Old 27-03-2009, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Weed/shrub removal-questions

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

I've taken down more trees than I can count and I don't believe you. A tree
with a 15" diam. trunk, say a typical maple, will be humongous... 30'-40'
tall with a spread to match. If someone is down in a hole nibbling away at
the roots and the tree starts to fall the weight of the crown will cause it
to come crashing all the way, a person would get no warning, even if someone
yelled they couldn't move quickly enough, they'd likely get killed, or very
seriously hurt... even on the lee side a root can snap between a mans legs
like a whip slicing him in two. Only a total moron would attempt such a
stupid feat (30 times no less), or expect anyone to believe such BS.

We were dealing with pin oaks up in North Jersey. Maybe I should have
said 8 inch diameter. Feel better? No one was in a hole digging as
shovel reach would do it.

As to being a liar I try not to as it is all to easy to be caught in a
lie.

"I know you are, but what am I?"
-Pee-Wee

http://www.retrojunk.com/movie/quotes/76-pee-wees-big-adventure/

Bill whose feelings are hurt .....Yea right

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA