Old 27-03-2009, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What not to plant

On 27/3/09 15:54, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

Pam Moore wrote:
Over the years I have planted bits of plants I liked the look of, but
have regretted ever since because they spred and are the devil to get
rid of. My invaders are corydalis lutea, vinca minor, meconopsis
cambrica and a lamium. This latter came about 20 years ago as a 9
inch piece stolen from a big garden!

What plants have others regretted introducing into their gardens?

Can't believe no one's mentioned mint. It broke out of a concrete
planter and was everywhere before we'd seen.

Marjoram is quite a pain in the herb bed.

Wormwood! If you let it seed.

-E

We have woodruff in many parts of the garden but I really love it. I think
it could be a pain in places where others things have to fight with it,
though.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com