Old 27-03-2009, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default What not to plant

Emery Davis wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:
Over the years I have planted bits of plants I liked the look of, but
have regretted ever since because they spred and are the devil to get
rid of. My invaders are corydalis lutea, vinca minor, meconopsis
cambrica and a lamium. This latter came about 20 years ago as a 9
inch piece stolen from a big garden!

What plants have others regretted introducing into their gardens?

Can't believe no one's mentioned mint. It broke out of a concrete
planter and was everywhere before we'd seen.

Marjoram is quite a pain in the herb bed.

Wormwood! If you let it seed.

-E

I also didn't mention Bowle's golden grass, but for very good reason.
Having started my gardening days brought up on Margery Fish I planted
just one plant of BGG. Now I have little golden seedlings popping up
every where, and I save each and everyone. I love it and I love the
dried seed heads.
Sorry it would never qualify for addition to my list of plants not to
plant, on the contrary.
I do agree about mint though, the idea is not to ever let it escape its
planter.

Bobbie