Old 27-03-2009, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ophelia again

On Mar 27, 6:48*pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Big snip

... *I did bring back huge amounts of
spice, including two I haven't heard of; Daube and Briani, do you know
them?

Judith

I had a quick google and wonder if these might shed some light
on your spices:-

http://www.airseychelles.net/creole/...StJacques.html

http://www.teleservices.mu/info/2421037/briani.html

They could be ready mixed packs, the daube being perhaps
Cinnamon and Nutmeg? The other just a mix for Biryani

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer, so I shouldn't use the Daube with meat and maybe use
it with sweet stuff? The cooking is certainly Creole orientated and
also the French that they speak is also of the same dialect, small
wonder I ended up ordering stuff in restaurants and getting something
I wasn't expecting!