Old 28-03-2009, 11:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Raising a bed

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:52:35 +1100, Trish Brown wrote:

*Such* a great idea! My DH has made me four raised garden beds and
garden work is much easier as a result. My beds are made from Bunnings'
sleepers (150mm x 50mm x 1.5m).

Termites about? The first bed we raised was with those sawn sleepers from
a similar place. Didn't last five years. The wall acquired this bow way
beyond warpage. Little buggers had eaten the entire centre out and left a
thin surface.

Replaced them with genuine railway sleeper and have had ten years life so
far.