Old 28-03-2009, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default greenhouse or polytunnel

On Mar 28, 2:11*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
My greenhouse needs replacing, the big ones are expensive so I am
considering a polytunnel instead. I have plenty of room so finding
somewhere
to put it will not be a problem.

I would welcome any comments that will help me make up my mind greenhouse
or
polytunnel ?

kate

We have just ordered a new greenhouse Kate and on the advice of our
neighbours we have ordered a conventional one rather than a poly
tunnel. *However ours will not have glass but polycarbonate as used by
most people here. *I'm told glass might be a problem because of weight
of snow.

Those who have polytunnels have listed disadvantages as replacing the
polythene frequently (due to extremes of weather) and that the doors
are not stable. *It will be interesting to hear what you have bought?

Judith

Do you know Judith I am more confused than ever, members of my family all
have different solutions , revamping present greenhouse/putting on an
extension/ having a new greenhouse or a combination of all the suggestions
such as revamping greenhouse and having a polytunnel, I really don't know as
yet.
I am watching your greenhouse query with interest.
Thanks all for the interest and comments.

kate

It's certainly an adventure though isn't it? :-) I was also confused
but I listened to neighbours, looked at what they were using and then
came to my own conclusions although I was leaning, at one time, very
much on the poly tunnel idea. I think if we were more sheltered, I
would have gone with a poly tunnel, does this help Kate?

Judith