Old 28-03-2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Inverted tomatos

On Mar 23, 4:44*pm, "Not@home" wrote:
A few years ago I only saw the inverted tomato planters on late night TV
ads (the kind where the pitch man screams at you) and figured they were
a gimmick. *But now they are showing up in the more reputable catalogs I
get.

Do these work? *I'm tempted because we live in a city with limited
garden space, and apparently these could be used on a porch or patio.

Harder to water plants when they're above your head. Even harder
when the plants need LOTS of water, such as beefsteak tomatoes.

For patios or porches, try an Earthbox-type subirrigation planter.
Cheaper homebuilt from Rubbermaid totes than purchased.