Old 28-03-2009, 05:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default alt.binaries.pictures.orchids Survey

TWIMC,
I am not trying to revive abpo!!!! There are a couple of die hards
that are
able to post images so I simply wanted a head count.
Cheers Wendy
wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:45:32 -0700 in
Wendy7 wrote:
We have a post going over on abpo just to see how much traffic there is.
So please sign up if you can still post images.
So far we have about a dozen people.

Didn't we beat this dead horse already?

If you want to post photos and get maximum distribution for them, post
them some place like flickr or picassa. Make sure they are
viewable even to non-members. Post the URLs with descriptions here.

1) If you are getting USENET via your ISP, odds are you won't get
binaries now. You also probably won't be able to send binaries.
2) If you are getting USENET for free from somewhere else, odds are
you won't get binaries now. If ABPO is available on the USENET server
you get for free, odds are what actually makes it in or out is quite
sparse.
3) If you are paying for USENET, yes you'll have great access to
ABPO. However, most folks here aren't paying for USENET.

So, to repeat myself again. ABPO is effectively dead, use a photo
posting site such as flickr, or picasa, or facebook or....
I think it's great that Kye is doing his little news server, but
any off the shelf web content management system is better technology
than NNTP for distributing pictures. I'd probably actually use it
if it was a full fledged USENET leaf that carried the pile of other
newsgroups I read. I'll probably peer with it if I ever set up my
own NNTP server.

Cheers Wendy

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.