Old 28-03-2009, 06:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Raising a bed

g'day katherine,

yes we have to go that way sometime, but buy and large our gardening
does not take a lot of stooping only at times of planting, and
replenishing mulch etc.,. these chores happen a couple or so times a
year is all.

how far from the fence enough that you can get tdown there
comfortably, say about 1/2 a meter don't reckon you would have to go
the full meter. remember some plants will overhang so you need to be
able to get around them without breaking them.

using brick is not going to be any picnic either (then you need good
footings so brick will remain upright) on the old back either but!
have you considered corrugated roofing as edging it is about 2' wide,
and using galvanised fence star pickets will be long lasting and easy
to errect.

up our way (not sure where you are?) there are people who make pre-fab
bed surrounds in one piece out of corrugated, very neat and free
standing, not real cheap but hey are very easy to instal just pick a
spot and start filling them.

keep the beds no more than say 3' wide and 5 or 6 meters long is
heaps.

also check our pic's there may be some extra tips there for you as
well.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

a couple other links:

http://www.easy-garden-tips.com/buil...le-garden.html

http://www.noble.org/Ag/Horticulture...ated_beds.html

i was looking for the makers of teh bed frames maybe you could do a
google at elast you would see how they look.

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:34:17 +1100, "jones" wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--