Old 29-03-2009, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan[_2_] Lilah Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Finally warmed up

Wow...I feel lazy now ;-) What is rapini by the way? And good luck with
all your plants! *is hungry now*

"The Cook" wrote in message
news
At least some. The last several nights it has been close to (or
below) freezing but warming up during the day. But I have gotten my
cool weather vegetables planted and they seem to be surviving.

I planted 300 lentil seeds (100 of 3 different varieties) and 100
spinach seeds (they are still just sitting there.) I have also set
out onions, Swiss chard, beets, rapini and broccoli. The cabbage
plants did not look good so I am tossed them and I bought some from
Lowe's. Everything is in the ground.

The rhubarb will go in the ground sometime after the first of April
and the tomatoes at some point after the middle of April. The
eggplant and peppers will follow in a week or two after them.

The herbs have germinated pretty well and the eggplant and peppers
were started yesterday.

I need to figure out how many tomato plants I have room for. Why do I
keep buying more seed every year?

Now I can take a short break and clean the house. Company is coming!!
--
Susan N.