Old 29-03-2009, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia Ophelia is offline

Default Ophelia again

Judith in France wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:41 pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Thanks Martin, he was seen at Issoire Hospital at the time, the
bleed ha taken a few days to develop in and under his eyes. I am
watching him and on Monday he will be seen at a Clinique in
Clermont to ensure everything is o.k.

Good! That skiing accident put the wind up me. I had a fall a couple
of months ago and I banged my head quite badly. Of course I didn't
want any fuss but David insisted on taking me to the hospital. I was
ok, just glue to stick the wound g but after reading about the
skiiing thing, I realised how stupid i had been. I will never treat
a bang on the head so flippantly again.

Good for David, wise move. Our Grandson Ben slipped on ice on the
slopes a few years ago whilst staying with us, he had to have
stitches, since then, he has worn a helmet, much to his disgust :-)

The children these days are used to the helmets and don't bother. I
suppose it wasn't 'cool' then. I was offered stitches or glue btw I chose
glue as the less sore option. I was warned it would leave a big scar, but
since it was on the back of my head I didn't care much