Old 29-03-2009, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What a day!

Because we 'lost' an hour this morning, I woke at 5am, of course! Slowly
the day dawned crisp and cold but with an achingly brilliant blue sky. Now,
at just after 10am, the sky is gleaming overhead and a heat haze is rising
from the vents in the roof of the biggest greenhouse. Let's hope it lasts!
We've planted up a lot of the pots dotted around the garden and where some
Euryops died in the frosts, we've planted lilies, underplanted with a dear
little mat-forming Veronica - might be V. liwanensis but I'll have to check
that. It's a charming little plant. Elsewhere, the shuttlecock ferns are
slowly unfolding, the tree ferns seem to be okay and are forming their
croziers in secret and Camellias and Magnolias are bursting with life. Our
'wedding cake tree' which had closed buds furled up tightly just waiting for
some warmth, has sprung into full glory and almost without my noticing, a
living willow fence is almost in full leaf. And the snowdrops have
disappeared for another year. Everything seems to be moving so fast now!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com