Old 29-03-2009, 07:39 PM
traceyr traceyr is offline
Registered User

Default greenhouse position

I'm looking at buying a lean-to greenhouse to grow things such as lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions etc but I'm unsure of the best position.

I have 2 locations in my garden in mind; one being by my shed at the top of the garden which gets the most sun during the day (probably at it's peak position at around 2-3pm; south-south west) and the second position against a North-north West facing wall and only really gets direct sun from around noon onwards, but is more in the shade as it is closer to the house.

My partner would prefer the second option as it's closer to the house to get the produce in when needed, but I'm guessing the first option is going to be the favoured position, am I right?

As I'm only looking at a 6' long lean-to I wasn't sure how other factors such as heat/shade etc would play?