Old 29-03-2009, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Denis Mitchel Denis Mitchel is offline

Default Frost II

It seems like my last question caused some misunderstandings.

I live on the outskirts of Dallas, Texas and for the last two nights the
local weather people have been calling for a low of 38 degrees and advising
that plants should be taken indoors to protect them from frost.

That was the reason for my first question. I just could not understand their
reasoning for such advice.

Now for another question. In the last two weeks I have planted a number of
bare-root roses. So far there has not been any frost in my area and my roses
are doing great.

However, in the event there is a frost sometime in the near future, I would
like to know how long a rose brush can withstand frost on it before severe
damage is done to it.

Thanks,

Denis