Old 29-03-2009, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Stakes for Gladiolas

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

wrote in message
On Mar 29, 10:05 am, "brooklyn1" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 26, 2:10 pm, "Denis Mitchel" wrote:

I would like to find a source for inexpensive metal stakes to support
my
gladiolas.

Can anyone direct me to a good source on line?

Thanks

I plant my glads in clumps and then put a tomato cage over them - the
cages are generally useless for tomatoes anyway and a lot less work
than tying all those glads to stakes.

Nowhere does it say that one must use one separate bamboo stake for
each
separate bloom... a couple three stakes with some sort of green ribbon
can
support many blooms, and will be essentially invisible... much more
aesthetically pleasing in a flower garden than grotesquely hidious
torturous
looking tomato cages.. why would anyone equate beautification with an
iron
maiden..

So I have kinky flowers? OK. I can live with that.

I also grow plants around the outside. You can hardly see the cages,
which are on the small side.

That's known as selective vision, you choose not to see, but be well
assured
that others see them immediately.

Well that's OK then, because I garden for my own pleasure, not other
people's.
Unlike you, obviously.

Nothing wrong with that, I do a lot to please those I care about, unlike you
not everyone is totally self absorbed... when was the last time you pleased
anyone other than yourself, probably never. If you have sex like you garden
you never have sex... you're one of those gals I see in Lowes checkout with
Coppertop D cells in the super economy pack. LOL

If it's that, or going home with you, Shelly (AAA), they probably think
it is a good investment. Having trouble with your forest petunia? heh,
heh.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is