Old 29-03-2009, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Geopelia Geopelia is offline

Default Moving cabbage trees.

"len gardener" wrote in message
too easy then geopelia,

trim all but the top growth off and cut a reasonable root ball nothing
too large and replant where you wish, you are in nz? would suggest if
it gets realy cold to do this late spring early summer maybe so that
there is warmth in the ground for the new roots to start growing.

we did a fairly large specimen it had very little root ball on it and
it thrived from day one. this one was over 2 meters tall and with
around 4 trunks u to wrist thickness. this one never looked back.

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:23:23 +1300, "Geopelia"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

Thank you.
Three of them have come up under our deck so they must go. I'd like to save
them somewhere else in the garden. We don't get very cold here (Mairangi Bay
NZ)
The biggest is around two metres.

Geopelia