Old 13-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Frank O'Donnell

Default Big, mildew-resistant pumpkin variety?

Can anyone recommend seeds for a variety that produces big pumpkins
that is also resistant to powdery mildew? We wanted to plant Big Moon
Hybrid this year but Cooper Seeds, the supplier on whose website we'd
seen this variety, says they don't have it this year. We're
interested in super-big pumpkins for Halloween, but have had a lot of
powdery mildew in past years. Our region if if makes any difference
(doubtful) is greater Los Angeles, Southern California. Thanks for
any input.