Old 29-03-2009, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Thug!

David in Normandy wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
Isn't it lovely when you buy a raspberry cane at a venture and it
turns out to have delicious, firm and big fruits?

And isn't it a bonus when a veritable forest of new canes sprout
round it? There are some thugs I can tolerate innit!

The problem is the veritable forest that each of the veritable forests
goes on to create. I've been pondering the raspberry patch this
afternoon wondering what to do with hundreds more unwanted raspberries
coming up, they are invading the gooseberries and *everywhere* else.

Do you know if it is safe to glyphosate them or will it kill the
parent plants seeing as they are runners and connected? Or is it down
to spade work and digging them all out by hand?

Dig David, dig. I'm clearing a bramble covered allotment atm........it's
bloody hard work! Beer in a cooler close to hand is recommended.
--
Pete C
London UK