Old 29-03-2009, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Frost II

"Denis Mitchel" wrote in message
news
It seems like my last question caused some misunderstandings.

I live on the outskirts of Dallas, Texas and for the last two nights the
local weather people have been calling for a low of 38 degrees and
advising that plants should be taken indoors to protect them from frost.

That was the reason for my first question. I just could not understand
their reasoning for such advice.

Now for another question. In the last two weeks I have planted a number of
bare-root roses. So far there has not been any frost in my area and my
roses are doing great.

However, in the event there is a frost sometime in the near future, I
would like to know how long a rose brush can withstand frost on it before
severe damage is done to it.

Thanks,

Denis

You live in the relative flatlands of Texas. The only concern are "low
spots" for frost at that anticipated ambient temperture.. Don't believe the
weather advisory folks were speaking in reference to what you're speaking
of. If you think so, can you clairify?
--
Dave
Confront and fight Obama zombieism