Old 30-03-2009, 09:44 AM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
Over the years I have planted bits of plants I liked the look of, but
have regretted ever since because they spred and are the devil to get
rid of. My invaders are corydalis lutea, vinca minor, meconopsis
cambrica and a lamium. This latter came about 20 years ago as a 9
inch piece stolen from a big garden!

What plants have others regretted introducing into their gardens?

Pam in Bristol
not so much a regret,
but some lily of the valley some how arrived in my front garden , i didnt plant it , but it has been spreading over the last 4 years , and i am really pleased that it has ,because i was stuck what to put in that patch that gets no sun and the soil is like builders sand.
it is really great ground cover , and when i get out of the car on the front drive the smell of lily of the valley is just great .

i love it so much that when i went to the malvern flower show last year, i got myself a varigated leaved one .

i have put that one in my back garden and i am hoping it will come back again this year , i am not sure but i think i might just be able to see a little bit of new shoot coming through , so i hope that varigated one does as well as the one in the front garden .