Old 30-03-2009, 10:05 AM
may may is offline
Registered User

Default camelllia problem

My camellia started of in a pot, and flowered for a couple of years , then
on the third year it produced a mass of really big buds which all fell off before they had the chance to flower, i did read that if they are not watered enough throughout the summer months that this could happen , so i thought it would be best to plant it in the ground which i did , it was about 3 feet high by then ,
so i planted it in a really big hole and watered it well for weeks afterwards, and also gave it camellia food. but now it has black stuff like soot on its leaves and it has not produced one bud this year. and the leaves are not as green as they used to be. my roderdendron seems to do ok in my soil so i am not sure what is wrong, do you think i should just dig it up and try a new one?