Old 30-03-2009, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,free.uk.diy.home
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default Base for garden shed?

On Mar 29, 5:03*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Sorry, I guess I was clear as mud. *I plant in pots these days not too much
in the ground. *I also put down a circle of the landscaping cloth type stuff
to help hold in the moisture and not to have to worry about any weeds. *I
would use this mulch in the long flower boxes in front of the house that are
in sun most of the day, that is why the question about too much heat."CanopyCo" wrote in message

On Mar 28, 2:45 pm, "Granby" wrote:

"You are never to old to play in the dirt" I love this and will post it
over my potting table.

Has anyone used that mulch that is made out of rubber tires, like they use
on playgrounds? I wonder if it would get too hot in the summer, think it
would be good for wintering. Live in Ill. zone 5

With mulch like that, how would you get it back up next spring so that
you can till the garden again?

If you plow it under, it will never rot and will just be trash in the
dirt.

I got ya.
I have my head so far into my own garden that I completely forgot
about other methods.
:-/

Seen a deal called a salad table at
http://growit.umd.edu/
and may try that this year.

I’ve also been thinking about making a box for tomatoes.
Depends on if I can find enough wood around for that one.
At least this year I can start on the cedar limb cadge that would
eventually go on top of the box.