Old 30-03-2009, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Need Help with grape vines

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

Hi,

I planted two grape vines last year, then got too busy to stake them and
well they looked so dead when they arrived from Burpees I was not sure they
would grow. I have not pruned them yet either. Should I prune them way
back or leave them long. I will get the stakes and wire in place soon, but
I think I should prune them now.

Any good websites for grapes? I have seen some but most are on a commercial
level, I just have two vines hoping to get a few grapes.

Cheers,
Jim

Beware of what you wish for
http://books.google.com/books?id=tuR...PA198&dq=Carpi
nteria+Grapevine&source=bl&ots=85EVr9H9Jb&sig=uC-SRmzp0Sc_70yxVKT6GpZJlVU
&hl=en&ei=FSrRSZ3gDqP0tAO7n-ygAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#P
PA198-IA1,M1

If you Google, "pruning grapevines", they have everything from
universities to videos.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is