Old 31-03-2009, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default greenhouse position

brooklyn1 wrote:
It would help if you said where you are or at least what your
climate and hemisphere are. Also the seasons that you intend to
grow your salad veges and what the outside temperature would be
then would help. David

Just curious, why does location on the planet matter?

The further from the equater the more important greenhouse location.

And hemisphere can determine orientation regarding shading structures. The
OP seems to be posting from the UK but I don't know if that is that
conclusive.

Also greenhouses are used in somewhat different ways in different climates.
Where I am people use greenhouses to grow warm season things outside summer
but the summer is very hot, in that case they either grow nothing in summer
in the greenhouse, or put much effort into getting air circulation and
partial shading. Using heating in greenhouses is unheard of. In a cold
climate things are different.

David