Old 31-03-2009, 10:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Finally warmed up

"The Cook" wrote in message
I need to figure out how many tomato plants I have room for. Why do I
keep buying more seed every year?

I overdid tomato seed too; planted about four times more than I thought I
would need for my garden space, assuming a low germination rate. Almost all
of them sprouted and thrived.

So since I can never grow a good lawn out here in southern Utah, I figured
I'd just lay drip lines across the front yard and put tomatoes out there.
It's a good way to make something worthwhile out of a patch of land that
refuses to look like a lawn no matter what we do. Hopefully our 120+ tomato
plants will enjoy it.
--S.