Old 31-03-2009, 10:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default ~Best~ time to plant Garlic

"Tim" wrote in message news:giLzl.13718\
All the old time garlic growers here
tell me to plant in the fall, but I have heard that I can also plant
in the spring too. Any opinions?

I tried planting in the spring last year. Not a whole lot happened over the
summer, and by fall nothing had grown to any significant size. I pulled up
everything I could find and used it for food.

Come spring, I discover a bunch of garlic shoots where the old bed used to
be! (The new bed is slightly off of the old one.) Guess I didn't get them
all!

So I have no idea how or when to plant garlic, yet it is growing in spite of
me.
--S.