Old 13-04-2003, 03:32 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Grubs

Pam wrote:

snip
Merit is certainly available for residential use. It is the trade name for imidacloprid, a
chloronicotynil class of pesticides derived from nicotine sulfate. It is a neurotoxin which
disrupts the nervous system of the insect, primarily paralyzing the mouth parts and resulting
in starvation. It is registered for the control of various lawn grubs, among other insect
problems.

Thank you also for your knowledge. The last time I used Diazinon was maybe 15 years ago for the
grubs. Unknown what else was available then, or now really since they are no longer present in my
lawn. I used what was recommended then and it worked. If they ever come back I'll do a lot more
research first.

--
John S. DeBoo