Old 31-03-2009, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID of Camellia

On 31/3/09 17:34, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
This is the Camellia we just can't get a positive ID on. We know Edward
Hyams planted it, so it's over 50 years old and not a modern hybrid. A
customer thought it looks like the one at Pilnitz but it's much too small
bush to be that type. If there are some Camellia experts out there who
can
have a stab at it, we'd love to get some ideas.
http://i43.tinypic.com/avqy6r.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/33jtn39.jpg

This may help...
http://www.hortic.com/ics/index

We have a semi double red that is now a tree and have lost the name too.

So far, no dice with them, Bob but thank you for the link. My outlaws had a
nice Camellia collection themselves and were good friends with two
Presidents of that Society so I've sent photos to a few people involved
there but with no success yet. Last time we saw Liz and Charlie Pridham
they suggested we go to the show at Boconnoc and talk to all the Camellia
experts there but week ends here are just manic at present, so getting away
seems unlikely, although we'd love to. Maybe I'll have to FedEx a branch to
Charlie to take round for me - after all, he has nothing else to do, of
course. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com