Old 31-03-2009, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID of Camellia

On 31/3/09 17:43, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Sacha" wrote
This is the Camellia we just can't get a positive ID on. We know Edward
Hyams planted it, so it's over 50 years old and not a modern hybrid. A
customer thought it looks like the one at Pilnitz but it's much too small
bush to be that type. If there are some Camellia experts out there who
can
have a stab at it, we'd love to get some ideas.
http://i43.tinypic.com/avqy6r.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/33jtn39.jpg

This may help...
http://www.hortic.com/ics/index

We have a semi double red that is now a tree and have lost the name too.

The Williamsii hybrid "Cherub" look remarkably like yours BTW.
Soft pink semi double.

Very close indeed. I'd need to see some pics of the growth habit,
apparently. Thanks very much, Bob - I'll look into that one more carefully.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com