Old 31-03-2009, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default ~Best~ time to plant Garlic

"Tim" wrote in message news:xmpAl.13274
Most of the 'old timers' I know save their best heads for planting.
Maybe my trouble comes from trying to grow the heads from the store,
I donno. They could be too old by the time I planted them.
I ~do~ know that I love garlic though!

I hear that store garlic often isn't the best for planting. They spray it
with growth inhibitor or something like that. You should get garlic from a
seed store. I have only halfheartedly tried to grow it a couple of times,
but I love garlic as well and should probably take extra-special care of
these "volunteers" so that I can finally stop buying it at the store!
--S.