Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Where is spring?

Lilah Morgan said:

I need to start putting stuff in the ground, but it's been really cold.
Tomorrow I might put some pea seeds in the ground though, they don't mind
the cold. But I have my sugar maple arriving tomorrow and no clue where to
put it...was hoping to put it in the ground, but I got a big enough pot for
it. I have filled up all my peat pots already, so I'm moving onto the small
plastic pots I have, thoroughly cleaned out yogurt containers, anything I
can find...I have WAAAAAAAY too many seeds compared to the planting
containers I have...I am grateful to Seed Savers though, because of the info
they have on the back of their seed packets. I did not know corns and melons
will cross-pollinate with other corns or melons, so that will definitely
change my plan for what goes in the ground where. I just wish I could get
rid of some of the pine trees around here, because it's kinda hard to find
good spots that have enough sun. Plus I am sick of having to having to rake
up pine needles/cones 3 out of 4 seasons a year...

Heh, zone 6 and it snowed this weekend.

The snowdrops are still in bloom and the daffodils are barely poking up.

We had what, one warmish day in March?

I did see the first turkey vulture of the year yesterday...

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored