Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default digging hoes

In message
,
Dave Hill writes
On 30 Mar, 23:35, Gordon H
wrote:

I use one of those things with four prongs on the bottom of a 3ft shaft,
and a horizontal bar at the top to turn it.
Like a standpipe key. * * *Wossit called?
--
Gordon H

I've seen them used to mix concrete in Spain and it looks a great
idea, I've brought a smaller one back from Malta, where it is cheaper
than buying them in the UK.though I'd hate to dig an area with one.
David Hill

I have a small garden, and find it ideal for loosening the top 6" or so
of soil. I don't do deep digging any more at my advanced age. :-)
It would be a bit tedious to use the tool for a large area, as you say.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply