Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Begonia tubers

"Bill P" wrote ...
I have been reading posts in this forum for some time now and found a lot
of useful information.
So, I have a question.
Begonia tubers. Do you cover the tubers with compost or do you leave the
top half exposed.?
last year I covered them and lost at least half.
Instructions that came with the tubers were.
Fill a shallow tray with good compost and press the tuber gently in?

I don't repot mine in the spring until I see growth. After repotting I
sprinkle compost over the tuber but only very lightly and I'm very careful
about watering until good growth is showing. It's a tuber so it does have
some reserves anyway.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden