Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID of Camellia

On 1/4/09 18:10, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
after, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

We got a few from Stonehurst Nursery which was down near Wakehurst Place,
used to be a rather interesting Camellia and Orchid nursery that grew the
camellias from cutting from the local landowners place, so some rare old
varieties. "Madame de Strekaloff" for example, which is one of my
favourites.
Sadly the nursery is no longer with us.

I've just looked that one up, Bob. It's absolutely *gorgeous* - like a
little hand tied posy in one flower. I'm going on a hunt for that!

see..
http://www.rhododendrons.com/camelli...-all/1/alpha_M

or if Ray is up for it you can always have a cutting or two.

We'd love a cutting or two if you can spare them! Many thanks.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com