Old 01-04-2009, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Lemon buds

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:51:36 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 1/4/09 16:37, in article ,
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

Some may remember my disappearing lemon. It never was found it but
things have moved on a bit. All the lemons have now dropped off. They
taste absolutely wonderful. Even the skins taste good. The trouble is
that all the leaves have dropped off as well. I'm sure that hasn't
happened at this time of year before.

There have been some tiny buds for two weeks but they don't look to be
growing. The tree is indoors in an unheated location.

Is this normal?

Steve

No, it should be putting out leaves and buds now if it's in the right place.
All ours are going great guns. It sounds as if it's either too wet or too
dry! How much have you been watering it and do you let it drain well and
almost entirely dry out between waterings? Also, how much light has it got
and is the unheated location frosty? They're okay kept frost-free and ours
even take some frost if not too prolonged but they're all in greenhouses and
get loads of light and scant watering. The fruits on a Citrus medica have
been there for weeks and it's only just about 3' tall.

That's what I was expecting to happen and that's what has happened in
previous years. It's just that this lemon plant is behaving strange.
It has been watered correctly. There may have been a couple of frosty
nights. It would be a great shame to lose this lemon as the fruits are
so tasty. Like normal lemons with a bit of sweetness. I've no idea
which variety it is so it will be difficult to replace.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd
www.NPSL1.com