Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Washing roots of pot plants before planting out.

A RHS Review of (real) geranium trials stated that the plants
established very badly if the roots were not washed free of the peat
growing medium before planting. Having lost several plants in the past
that seemed to dry out and not absorb water I wonder if this should be
applied to other less vigorous perennials. ( I can see that this is a
nice little earner for the trade, repeat selling the same perennials )
I have shaken most of the peat from the auriculas I put in today - so
will see how well they establish.
Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames