Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Washing roots of pot plants before planting out.

Rusty wrote:

I never do, and I can't say I lose many - if any.

Me neither and I think I've planted enough out to know that the claim
is more akin to hogwash than anything else. To be fair, I've heard
others suggest that some plants grown in peat based composts are
difficult to establish, but having never experienced this I can only
assume that either their management or the compost was at fault.