Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Peter@yahoo.com is offline

Default amusing story.... human waste as fertizler

True story.... back in February my main sewerage pipe backed up. First indications were
waste water building up in the utility sink in basement. Even more amazing, as I tried
to move the washing machine to access the soil stack clean out plug, it seemed pretty
heavy. Opened up the lid to discover the waste water had backed up into the washing
machine also. (yuck).

Anyway, while fixing the problem, all the waste water was pumped through the sump
pump into the back yard. Probably about 20 - 30 gallons or so.

Walking around the back yard yesterday.. I noticed.... the grass is bright green and looks
very healthy where the waste water went. Rest of the grass still looks late winter
ugly.

True Story.

Peter