Old 13-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Joe Morris

Default Grubs

I have read somewhere that street lights and perhaps home security lights
may increase the number of grubs in one's lawn since the adults are
attracted to the lights. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

Joe Morris

Please remove ZAP to email me.

"John S. DeBoo" wrote in message
Pam wrote:

snip
Merit is certainly available for residential use. It is the trade name

for imidacloprid, a
chloronicotynil class of pesticides derived from nicotine sulfate. It is

a neurotoxin which
disrupts the nervous system of the insect, primarily paralyzing the

mouth parts and resulting
in starvation. It is registered for the control of various lawn grubs,

among other insect
problems.

Thank you also for your knowledge. The last time I used Diazinon was

maybe 15 years ago for the
grubs. Unknown what else was available then, or now really since they are

no longer present in my
lawn. I used what was recommended then and it worked. If they ever come

back I'll do a lot more
research first.

--
John S. DeBoo