Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Frost II

Okay, I changed chainging weather conditions to what's most appropriate
here.

A front blew by early this morning dropping a little rain. Stealth lighting
was abound while this passed. (Lot's of observable in-sky only lightning,
no thunder). Sky cleared quickly as the morning wore on. Winds with gusts
of up to 60 mph. NWS increased rain chances to 50% in our area during that
short time period while the cloud and lighting passed through the area. Was
20% day prior.

Elizabeth is still referencing "dry line", for lack of a better term. More
power to her. Look up the term for its actual meaning in reference to
meterology.

NWS and other meteorlogic services can use all the current technology. At
best, its always an educated guess. Some guesses seem more on target than
other areas of the country. I've lived in coastal VA and sourthern MS as
well. Central TX seems worst on NWS forecasts from my own experiences.

--
Dave
If you don't like the weather in Central Texas, just give it a minute....
"brooklyn1" wrote in message
"Dioclese" NONE wrote

Meteorologists in Texas have it tough in the period late fall and early
spring.. They have problems contending with whether cold fronts making
this far south, whether the passed cold front will roll back as a warm
front, and whether El Nina affecting it as well. My hat's off to them,
no matter how badly they screw up.

Meteorology is equally tough anywhere, it's all an educated guess... they
mostly guess correctly... but we tend to only remember the screw ups that
affect us personally

Dave
If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait till tomorrow...

In Carson City NV they have that wait down to ten minutes.