Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades Jaques d'Alltrades is offline

Default Managing grass with bulbs

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:

I don't think you can speed up the ripening of spring bulbs. They do what
they have to in their own time. If it bothers you when your grass
gets long
while you are waiting for the leaves to die down, perhaps you might
consider
cutting the grass around them with shears?
That's what I do.

That's what we used to do. We had cowslips to mow round too.

A strimmer's handy...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/