Old 03-04-2009, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles Packer Charles Packer is offline

Default Tree blossoms & late spring, Washington D.C. area

Looks like the growing season in Washington D.C.
has been delayed a bit. The silver maple in
http://cpacker.org/aa.html
was blossoming in the image of April 1 last year, but
not in the image taken on the same day this year.
Now that I'm in the second year of a tree-photographing
project, I'll be able to compare images taken on the
same month and day a year apart. I'll post another
pair when the tree gets to the same stage it was
on April 1 last year. (Time-lapse movies for spring and
fall last year are at http://cpacker.org/trees )

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews