Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Elderflower cordial recipe

On 3/4/09 10:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 09:46:26 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 2/4/09 23:51, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

snip Groan,... groan and moan... My husband keeps on asking about
this,
please Sacha, can you 'phone him, I am up to "here" with elderflower
cordial. He also says can you tell him about ice cream? I have to go
to bed, over to you and him. For years,a flipping lifetime, he goes
on about elderflower stuff, right? over to you?

Judith

LOL!! It's so easy to make but needs to be somewhere it doesn't stink the
house out - in the 'stewing' stage it's quite reminiscent of cat's pee! I
was given that recipe by a friend and find it's the best I've tried but not
everyone goes in for the 5 day steeping thing.

Others go for total immersion in Limoncello.

I'm trying to think of ways of sending a bottle of elderflower cordial to
France! I can't believe the French don't make it but wonder if elder trees
grow near Judith's place. I think they're called Sureau in French - not
sure. Sirop de Fleurs de Sureau, Judith?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com