Old 03-04-2009, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default amusing story.... human waste as fertizler

On Apr 2, 5:05*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 09:58:39 -0400, wrote:

True story.... *back in February my main sewerage pipe backed up. *First indications were
waste water building up in the utility sink in basement. * Even more amazing, *as I tried
to move the washing machine to access the soil stack clean out plug, *it seemed pretty
heavy. * Opened up the lid to discover the waste water had backed up into the washing
machine also. *(yuck).

Anyway, *while fixing the problem, * all the waste water was pumped through the sump
pump into the back yard. *Probably about 20 - 30 gallons or so.

Walking around the back yard yesterday.. I noticed.... the grass is bright green and looks
very healthy where the waste water went. * Rest of the grass still looks *late winter
ugly.

True Story.

Peter

Milorganite, biosolid compost and the like are also made of human
sludge waste.
Victoria

From sewage -- high metal content. Use with
care.